There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Pre-Sell Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Perceived to be a good company to work for.

Cons

Pay and benefits are really poor considering the hours you are expected to put in. There is absolutely no work-life balance - those are all just talking points upper management uses to pat themselves on the back. The company has very unrealistic expectations. At this particular location, they manage by threats, write-ups and embarrassment. Most of the pre-sell reps here have 25-35 account calls per day and we get chastised for not making all the stops and not selling in enough new items and we are expected to open news accounts, in addition to doing a lot of merchandising and displays, which all have to be set up 100% perfectly to national corporate standards, regardless of local demographics and top selling items.

Give the sales reps more leeway on displays and let them use a little of their own discretion. If you want the accounts serviced and merchandised to your standards, you should consider adding more reps and giving us smaller territories, because it is unrealistic to expect us to go to stores extra times during big sales, work backstock, etc, when we already have a 12 hour a day job. Drivers should also have dedicated routes, as having a different driver every day in some areas gives them no accountability and no sense of team work. Also, I would suggest some better sales tracking software for the reps. The current handheld is archaic and borderline impossible to drill down on long term purchasing trends within individual accounts. That information would be extremely useful with the turnover being as high as it's been. When you are thrown into a new route and hiven virtually no information about the route, you are setting us up for failure.

1882 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Work, Work, Work

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay. Depending on your customers you pay end up building friendships that last a life time.

Cons

Poor work/life balance and they want you to be a robot. Constant threats of discipline by management. I've been with Frito for over 6 years. It was great in the beginning but as the economy has gotten worse so has the aggressive and threatening nature of management. Long hours. If you don't mind working 60 hours a week, being in constant fear of losing your job over "red tape, and want to work every holiday then Frito-Lay is the place for you.

All trucks needs A/C. During the summer here in the south the back of those trucks routinely hit 130 degrees. Get rid of the share holders, they're ruining the company.

Getting worse every day

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Worcester, MA
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Worcester, MA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

pay is good. But you will work for it like you never worked before. Then you will ask yourself if it is worth it

Cons

A witch hunt is going on. Drivers are getting written up for stale product. We are pushed for numbers, then when it goes out of code we are punished.. Never mind having any kind of life outside of work. Managers have no trouble bothering you on your days off.

Dont force us to put out so much if you don`t want it to go out of code. And when it does, keep in mind that you did push for numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo