PepsiCo

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous

Current Employee - Plant Director
Current Employee - Plant Director

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy and ability to mold your organization.

Cons

There is poor communication with HQ and the Field. There is a lot of "old school" management still in place.

Do some round tables in the field with salaried employees.

1990 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Worked as a DSL for 5 months before I couldn't handle it anymore

Former Employee - DSL in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - DSL in Plymouth, MI

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only pro is that I can put that I worked for a fortune 50 company on my résumé

Cons

We'll first off I started right out of college and was hired into the DSLD role and was told things that turned out not to be true at all. First off I was told I was going to run a route for 3 months to learn the business, that's fine I embraced the experience until after 4 months of running routes they told me that I will most likely be running a route for 12-13 months. Then when I asked for a timetable for my training it could not be told to me. They were basically short on route sales people so used me and continued on planning to use me because they thought they could. I was working 65-70 hour weeks at a minimum, it was the worst experience I've ever had at a job yet. The turnover is massive because the employees are treated extremely poorly.

Show sole care and guidance

World-class company + world-class people = an amazing career experience!

Current Employee - Scientist in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - Scientist in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great career growth opportunities - all management levels encourage and support internal movement to improve and expand employee knowledge, skills, and experience.
    Excellent work/life balance - flex hours and efficient use of resources.
    Improvement culture - value-added change, unwillingness to continue any status quo leads to motivated and engaged employees.
    Communication highly advanced - broad-based and global collaboration, candor and trust are standards, they actually walk the talk, in my direct experience and by comparison working elsewhere.
    I enjoyed growing my career here. Not all companies operate equally, this one is at a higher level than most.

Cons

Focus on social skill development provides advantage to extroverted personalities, depriving introverted performers from contributing, often leaving them under-appreciated.
    Global company bureaucracy, difficult aligning the many diverse divisions.

Keep striving to improve and keep listening to employees, banish complacency and negativity. Reward and value technical proficiency along with soft social skill development.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo