I was welcomed into the Frito-Lay family with warmth and friendliness.

Former Employee - Electromechanical Technician  in  Perry, GA
Former Employee - Electromechanical Technician in Perry, GA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frito-Lay has a excellent pay scale,friendly atmosphere,excellent training,excellent benefits,401 K,the opportunity to work with todays technology,the opportunity to train to be a first responder and my fellow workers are some of the best trained in there field.

Cons

The plant is located in a urban enviorment and I had to drive quite aways to get to work.The company runs 24 hours a day seven days a week and they have alot of different schedules.

Management should come out on the floor and talk to the employees one on one.I advise this philosophy with any company management.

Other Reviews for PepsiCo

Anonymous

Current Employee - Plant Director
    Current Employee - Plant Director

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is a lot of autonomy and ability to mold your organization.

Cons

There is poor communication with HQ and the Field. There is a lot of "old school" management still in place.

Do some round tables in the field with salaried employees.

Worked as a DSL for 5 months before I couldn't handle it anymore

Former Employee - DSL  in  Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - DSL in Plymouth, MI

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pro is that I can put that I worked for a fortune 50 company on my résumé

Cons

We'll first off I started right out of college and was hired into the DSLD role and was told things that turned out not to be true at all. First off I was told I was going to run a route for 3 months to learn the business, that's fine I embraced the experience until after 4 months of running routes they told me that I will most likely be running a route for 12-13 months. Then when I asked for a timetable for my training it could not be told to me. They were basically short on route sales people so used me and continued on planning to use me because they thought they could. I was working 65-70 hour weeks at a minimum, it was the worst experience I've ever had at a job yet. The turnover is massive because the employees are treated extremely poorly.

Show sole care and guidance

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!