There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Great people, great brands, but high burn out

Pros

PepsiCo has amazing brands, great reach and incredibly talented people. As a global company with both foods and beverages, it's a unique multifaceted business.

Cons

Leadership has created a culture of chaos and last minute decisions, plus spends too much time reacting rather than staying the course with what they set out to achieve. They talk about valuing and promoting internal talent but it doesn't feel like much is being done to really help employees develop the skill sets they want or need to truly be successful in their roles.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. Full Time Merchandiser

Current Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Full Time Merchandiser in South Bend, IN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independence, Great Pay, Gas Mileage, Company Phone, a few perks during employee appreciation.

Cons

Not replacing jobs so making the work loads a lot hard, to many stops in one day and way to many loads in one day, wants job completed within 8 hours but how can you do that when you give a ton of stops with a ton of loads? Its all about numbers when it comes down to it and it begins to take a toll on the employees who are stuck having to do the workload of two merchandisers.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. If it makes sense go with it. Discipline employees that don't care instead of limiting there work load and allowing them to get away with things. Stop taking advantage of your outstanding employees to make up for the bad. Fire bad employees instead of letting them slide all the time. Please don't be rude when asked about something it is your job to answer any questions or concerns we have even human resource questions do not act bothered every time we need something because I believe it is your job.

Good Company, and Yes, Hard Work.

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Omaha, NE

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, promotibility. I've been working only a short time, but they have seen attributes in me they can use at the next level. So, what I've seen so far, is that if you work hard and do a good job you are rewarded.

Cons

Early mornings and long hours. No one likes long hours, but the compensation is there to offset the hours. It is better than restaurant management because of the reduced amount of stress.

Advice to Management

Set clear and attainable goals for employees. I would also question the seniority system for routes. It would seem to me that high producers should have opportunity at better routes. Reward achievement and results and not just time on the job.