Disapointing

Current Employee - Detailer in Providence, RI
Current Employee - Detailer in Providence, RI

I have been working at PepsiCo part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work independitly. Generally work a set scehdule. Decent coworkers, straightforward job duties. Mostly left to do your thing and don't have a supervisor hovering over you.

Cons

Low pay. No benefits, no pto, manager/supervisor will bombard you with texts and phone calls. Work just as hard if not harder than the drivers but they get the commision and you get squat. Supervisor/manager will constantly take store managers side on things, even if it was beyond your control or not your fault (i.e. the shelves being bare or not stocked, well yeah you can't stock it if its not in the back)

Advice to Management

Detailers work just as hard as drivers just because they are pt doesn't mean they don't deserve pto. You do it by giving 1 hour for every 20 hours worked or something similiar. Or even give them .05% commission. Again we work just as hard if not harder since we are in the stores weekend afternoons when its the busiest yet the drivers and sales managers reap all the benefits of our hard work.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. Never Enough.

Current Employee - Pre Sell Account Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Pre Sell Account Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are paid decently, the benifits are ok but have become worse over the years, and front line coworkers are great people.

Cons

The pay to hours worked ratio is a mess especially if you are salary+commission. Motivation is fear based, targets change daily, and my facility is run so lean that if one coworker is calls out sick, we all suffer. Transprarency is non-existant, and forget family life. I give them 12 hrs a day, my job requires more, they demand perfection, and yet even if an account is perfect they won't tell you. it's a demoralizing company to work for at least at my facility.

Advice to Management

Fear is a terrible motivational tool. Stop saying family first if you don't mean it. Listen to your front line guys. they are in the s*!t daily.

Great people, great brands, but high burn out

Pros

PepsiCo has amazing brands, great reach and incredibly talented people. As a global company with both foods and beverages, it's a unique multifaceted business.

Cons

Leadership has created a culture of chaos and last minute decisions, plus spends too much time reacting rather than staying the course with what they set out to achieve. They talk about valuing and promoting internal talent but it doesn't feel like much is being done to really help employees develop the skill sets they want or need to truly be successful in their roles.