There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

District Sales Leader

Current Employee - District Sales Leader  in  Detroit, MI
Current Employee - District Sales Leader in Detroit, MI

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Good hard working people to work with.

Cons

Long hours, the day can start as early as 3am and end at 7pm. Sometimes upper management seems disconnected

get rid of half the bodies above the ZSl level.

1822 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Great and miserable-all depends on your manager

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great products-HAD great manager then they found a paperwork error to fire him, and after he was fired they changed how the paperwork was being done to cover their behinds.

Cons

Suck ups promoted over managers who care about their people and don't drink the coporate kool aid.

Get rid of the "yes" managers and retain the mangers who care about the company and the employees and aren't afraid to give feedback that may be negative, though is the truth. In St. Louis we lost our warehouse manager of over 10 years who cared about us and we were productive and safe and worked as a team for the most part. He gets railroaded out because they want to promote a suck up who thinks he is the greatest thing since Cheetos. He was only cocerned about himself and his career. We had it great with previous manger and then for 3 years it was a living hell. He was moved to another role, not sure it was a promotion, hopefully not. We are hoping our new manager we be like the one we lost a few years ago.

I am glad to have worked at PEP.

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Don't want to travel, { if you do watch out - auditors seem to think that it is OK to not pay AMEX for a 2$ TWO USD ??!!! mistake in THEIR reading of the claim. 'twas Sweet to make em pay the resultant AMEX penalty :-) Also beware the friendly offer of corporate apartments - it is as expensive as hotels and I do like living in Marriott}

want to work by consensus, non-cyclical industry, big brand name with instant recall across the globe. Earnest diversity initiatives, was strongly suggested to attend a LGBT event - (food was the best though, excellent hors d'oeuvres, canapes, wine, some minor celebrity, who as a kid liked to play with dolls was talking, pretty personable, but showbiz does that to you I suppose, but hey get over it, more than 40 yrs must have passed give or take 5 yrs.)
    Giving, donation matched 1:1 or 2:1 with 40 hrs volunteering. Honest profit sharing bonus(*) pay-outs per your offer letter, with little discretionary input by your manager. Cheap Pepsi Max and Mntn Dew for your caff needs, LEEDs certified building to work in, great campuses especially at Purchase NY with expensive statuary strewn across the landscape.

(*) While negotiating I had not expected bonus to amount to much so I squeezed for what I wanted for salary and then when the first bonus came in - I was quite impressed with the probity in bonus pay-out.

Cons

A politicised environment. Who you know is important. What you know - meh.
    On Consensus - often the uninformed, clueless, may skew the benefits - southwards - see the primacy of "who you know" blossom. Last man/woman standing a champ, the smart have fled. True in my area. Unbelieveable? HR can be a little loose with ethics. Stagnation in career . Beware all this has observational bias built in, but nevertheless as the gurus say perception is all...

Way above my paygrade - I suppose. No one asked me there..... At one point though I did tell a VP in a meeting that SME in PEP must stand for Subject Matter Experienced (of 20-30 yrs vintage - I did not say this) as opposed to Subject Matter Experts. Fortunately for me the VP did not take my head for that, but the VP had a reputation of being whip-smart

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!