good

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

good pay, the right companny to work for

Cons

Need to improve warehouse team leadership

Advice to Management

none

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Run, Run,Run.......far away.

Current Employee - DSL in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - DSL in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance Benefits are decent. That is about the only good thing about this company. I still work here but I'm looking actively.

Cons

If you are an @$$ kisser than this is the job for you. If you are not buddies with someone you will not move up. You can be horrible at your job and still will get promoted. You are Over worked and Under paid big time. NO work life balance at all but they will make a good show. I am not sure I can express how bad this company is. GREED is all they care about.

Advice to Management

Upper management only cares about one thing: making them selves look good. I have been in meeting where they will ask you? Who is are we getting rid of this month? There has been so many people quit and get fired. Start looking now before it's you.

2. I am glad to have worked at PEP.

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Don't want to travel, { if you do watch out - auditors seem to think that it is OK to not pay AMEX for a 2$ TWO USD ??!!! mistake in THEIR reading of the claim. 'twas Sweet to make em pay the resultant AMEX penalty :-) Also beware the friendly offer of corporate apartments - it is as expensive as hotels and I do like living in Marriott} want to work by consensus, non-cyclical industry, big brand name with instant recall across the globe. Earnest diversity initiatives, was strongly suggested to attend a LGBT event - (food was the best though, excellent hors d'oeuvres, canapes, wine, some minor celebrity, who as a kid liked to play with dolls was talking, pretty personable, but showbiz does that to you I suppose, but hey get over it, more than 40 yrs must have passed give or take 5 yrs.) Giving, donation matched 1:1 or 2:1 with 40 hrs volunteering. Honest profit sharing bonus(*) pay-outs per your offer letter, with little discretionary input by your manager. Cheap Pepsi Max and Mntn Dew for your caff needs, LEEDs certified building to work in, great campuses especially at Purchase NY with expensive statuary strewn across the landscape. (*) While negotiating I had not expected bonus to amount to much so I squeezed for what I wanted for salary and then when the first bonus came in - I was quite impressed with the probity in bonus pay-out.

Cons

A politicised environment. Who you know is important. What you know - meh. On Consensus - often the uninformed, clueless, may skew the benefits - southwards - see the primacy of "who you know" blossom. Last man/woman standing a champ, the smart have fled. True in my area. Unbelieveable? HR can be a little loose with ethics. Stagnation in career . Beware all this has observational bias built in, but nevertheless as the gurus say perception is all...

Advice to Management

Way above my paygrade - I suppose. No one asked me there..... At one point though I did tell a VP in a meeting that SME in PEP must stand for Subject Matter Experienced (of 20-30 yrs vintage - I did not say this) as opposed to Subject Matter Experts. Fortunately for me the VP did not take my head for that, but the VP had a reputation of being whip-smart