PepsiCo
3.3 of 5 1,650 reviews
www.pepsico.com Purchase, NY 5000+ Employees

Frito Lay Consumes your LIFE

RSR Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a solid company that isn't going anywhere. The paycheck is decent but the hours are ridiculous. The benefits are competitive for the DSD industry. they are the reason I had stuck around for as long as I did. you get to meet a lot of great people and aren't stuck in the same building for the whole day.

ConsThe average day is between 12 to 14 hours long and the overtime varies depending on how much you are selling. it takes a major toll on your body as you are constantly up and down on your knees and in and out of the trucks. due to the amount of hours you are working, you can pretty much kiss your social life goodbye... unless you are a glutton for punishment. the two days off are barely enough time for your body to recover before having to start another week. And to top it off, if you are good enough to build your route up, there will be a route reengineering that will change all the routes so that they all make around the same amount of money. then you will have to re-bid on a new route based on seniority not ability.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into trying to reward RSRs for their achievements rather than reengineering the routes so that everyone is equal. this is the only job that I have ever heard of that demotes people for doing well.

Sacrifice all your free time for great pay and plenty of bodily pain

Packaging Technician (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay, benefits, bonuses, free food, plenty of overtime. Cons: zero work/life balance, fast paced to the point of being almost impossible to make numbers,… Advice to Senior Management: Management is clueless. They expect more and more whether it is possible or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My time at Frito-Lay was interesting and challenging, but it was also emotionally and physically abusive and disruptive.

Route Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

I worked at PepsiCo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Money, benefits, financial security and on your own Cons: Long hours, you don't get treated like a person, unrealistic… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. Most of them are afraid to say anything… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PepsiCo.

Worked for PepsiCo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PepsiCo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PepsiCo CEO Indra K. Nooyi. All reviews posted anonymously by PepsiCo employees.