There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Sacrifice all your free time for great pay and plenty of bodily pain

Former Employee - Packaging Technician in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Packaging Technician in Charlotte, NC

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay, benefits, bonuses, free food, plenty of overtime.

Cons

zero work/life balance, fast paced to the point of being almost impossible to make numbers, easily injured from being overworked, told at the last minute that there is overtime, extreme temperatures.

Advice to Management

Management is clueless. They expect more and more whether it is possible or not. Even when machines are down they expect the same productivity. Quantity over quality.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. My time at Frito-Lay was interesting and challenging, but it was also emotionally and physically abusive and disruptive.

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money, benefits, financial security and on your own

Cons

Long hours, you don't get treated like a person, unrealistic performance expectations

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Most of them are afraid to say anything or tired of saying anything because they're not listened to or taken seriously.

People are great, senior management lacks focus in my area, process drowns productivity way too frequently.

Current Employee - IT Associate in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - IT Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's been a great place to work. There are definitely pockets of innovation and intelligence. People are great to work with, everyone works hard to get things done until they find out their job is targeted as no longer a core competency.

Cons

If you are looking for something in the IT area, you might consider looking elsewhere. Management is clearly focused toward outsourcing (or out-contracting) everything possible to save a buck now. It is a clear trend over the last 3 years. I hate to say it but it has that "burn the furniture to keep the doors open" feeling right now. If things don't change very soon for the better, my career will have to take me elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that no one knows what you are doing. Treat your people with respect and communicate... with truth and candor. Take that whole "speed of trust" thing seriously with subordinates. It's not too late to fix the mistakes, there are still good people waiting for you to do the right thing. Make the right choice and don't base all your decisions solely on the spreadsheet price, we've been down this road before and it turned out badly. Be willing to invest in your people. If you make the choice you know is right, things will get better because the people are behind you! Lastly, productivity means being more productive per $, not necessarily spending less $.