There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

If you are good at politics, you can go far here...

Current Employee - Sales District Leader
Current Employee - Sales District Leader

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company, decent benefits, great products, and stable. senior management seems to be people focused.

Cons

Salary should be much higher given the responsibilities. Politics get you promoted not results. Middle management is more concerned with the business than about their employee's quality of life.

Advice to Management

There are many talented people in this organization. Senior management (above region level) has great ideals and seem to follow the motto "people are our greatest asset" , however, I do not believe that senior management's philosophy on leading and developing others is followed by middle management (at least not in the region where I am employed). Too often times people that have great drive, results, and potential are passed by for promotions for people that have lack luster results, plenty of ambition, and are great at politics. There are many employees both at front line and entry level management that have great ideas on how to solve complex issues or how to make Frito-Lay a better place to work but, are brushed off by middle management. Middle and senior management need to spend real time on the front line to see what is happening. Too many decisions are made that impact employees quality of life and I don't believe middle to senior management has a good understanding of the impact. The company says that it is about its people but, by the time policies and/or strategies reach the front line, the impact can be immense and without current experience with the front line it may never be known.

Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo

1. Route sales rep

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Bloomington, CA
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Bloomington, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Befits are great, medical, dental, 401k

Cons

There is no life balance, the pay to hours worked, does not balance. You can work 14-16 hours per day. You are on your route until the job is done. Advancement is not easily achieved.you start as a relief rep, it's been 5 years and I still do not qualify for my own route. It's rare that I see my family.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, treat them with respect. If they need help to see their family or go to a family function, find a way to let them balance family and work. Remember how hard and how many hours we are working before you throw more at them!

2. get up early, work hard , 8 to 9 hour day

Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Merchandiser in Louisville, KY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

this company still offers a pension plus a meager 401k match

Cons

start a 4:00, work all holidays except (Christmas Day) and weekends

Advice to Management

allow your people a weekend off every now and then.