Great Brands, People & Compensation but the Culture must change

Former Employee - Sales Lead
Former Employee - Sales Lead

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very Smart & Driven People
Iconic Brands
Among the most respected companies within the CPG industry
Top tier compensation

Cons

Plenty of CYA behavior - risk averse
At best they are a fast follower when it comes to innovation (more like slow follower)
Poor balance of short & long term focus (too short term focused)
Many leaders focus on your opportunity areas versus your strengths
Matrix management drives significantly too much internal discussion for alignment
Slow decision making (POV from customers & employees alike)
Some but not nearly enough courageous leadership

Advice to Management

North America: Put actions in place that consistently look out 3-5 years and create actionable business opportunity plans based on these insights. These can and should compliment the short term focus. You must get much better at this in order to succeed and increase your position in the marketplace. Anything else only makes your business proposition stall & falter.

Do a better job of developing plans based on organization feedback about making the culture a more rewarding place to work. Walk the talk

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Decent company,

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company good benefits. Most management is helpful. Paid vacation and sick days.

Cons

Paid 2 % commission. Always pushing huge numbers. Long hours. Driving company trucks that always have problems. Difficult to get sick time or an extra day off. Huge problems with network/computer/handheld etc

Advice to Management

Take care of the people that are out there pushing product. Give them reliable vehicles to drive and electronics that work.

2. PepsiCo is a very employer

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are excellent along with the above average income. I deployed to Iraq in 2010 and the company took care of me.

Cons

Very low moral among the employees. Most employees don't feel that they are not being treated fairly because the workload continues to increase but the pay doesn't. Many of the employees there would leave if they could find employment in the same income range. We are required to work all holidays except Christmas. There is nothing family oriented about the job.

Advice to Management

I think that there some issues that needs to be looked at in management. The company has lost over 100 yrs of experience 2-3 years. Long term people who gave up their retirement including myself and rumors of management sleeping with employees.