PepsiCo

www.pepsico.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

New-wave front line management absolutely clueless

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Above average compensation for the DSD industry, excellent Pepsico benefits package

Cons

Zero consideration for work-life balance for RSRs and RSAs, new managers are hired directly out of college and with zero background in DSD and sales to replace tenured (and highly effective however more expensive) managers. Fluctuating hours, constantly short on manpower requiring others to pick up slack for minimal incentive, sell-at-all-cost to hit your sales plan for the week mentality which contradicts Pepsico core values and creates significant extra work for the front line for in store inventory management - "kicking the can down the road" instead of being realistic about the current sales climate of any given week.

Stop hiring 23 year old college graduates, moving the across the country and filling their heads with company propaganda instead of hiring and retaining managers who know the company inside and out and how to manage people. Being managed by a spreadsheet attached to an inexperienced manager is counter intuitive.

2175 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

Vets needing a chance!

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time

Pros

Don't know was not given the chance

Cons

Why don't you hire dedicated individuals? I feel sorry you only hire people that know employees that work for your company, your lost, I know a vet that would of kicked butt with your company!

Pay is well for what we do but have dealt with paycuts 3 times in the last 5 years. Job isnt hard

Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

if you get a hands off manager you get to run your route without management micromanaging you and when youre done youre done. so if your day takes 4 hours thats it and your done. at the same time your day may last 13 hours as well.

Cons

wake up between midnight and 5am to start route.
    each route has varying days off. only holiday I have off every year is christmas. work EVERY other holiday unless it falls on my day off.
    management forces out product that either wont sell or you dont need and you are expected to get rid of it. Management tries to tell you how to run your route when they themselves have no idea how to run a successful route. Many managers are hired directly out of college and try to tell people that have been working there for years how to do their job.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo