There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Great Company, Endless Opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Somers, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

lots of opportunity to move within, good work-life balance (e.g. summer fridays, holiday hours), great internal employee development

Cons

large company so the work can be siloed

1898 Other Employee Reviews for PepsiCo (View Most Recent)

PepsiCo Summer Internship

Current Employee - R&D in Valhalla, NY
    Current Employee - R&D in Valhalla, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

It is clear that PepsiCo values its interns greatly, from day to day interactions to large events. The internship program is organized well, giving the interns an opportunity to meet company leaders, learn different aspects of the company, and have a great time doing it. By the end of this summer internship I find myself hoping to work for this company in some way shape or form because I believe in the leaders of PepsiCo as well as the high standards PepsiCo strives to achieve.

Cons

PepsiCo is such a large and global company that communication can be difficult. For example, many times a question gets sent out and bounced around to multiple people before the question is able to find the appropriate person to answer the question. Considering the size of this company, this is rather expected.

Great Place to Intern and Work

Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - BIS Intern in Plano, TX

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I am in the last few weeks of my summer internship with the PepsiCo BIS in Plano, TX. It has been an incredible experience. I have been put in real working situations and given responsibilities that full time employees would receive. They put you on a team and you work for them as if you were there full time. It is a great way to get a feel for the job and the company as a whole. They offer plenty of tours and events with other interns to meet executives and experience the welcoming culture of PepsiCo firsthand. We actually had the opportunity to have a video conference with Indra herself which just shows the emphasis PepsiCo puts on fostering new talent.

As for pay, they definitely make it worth my time. They also gave us money for housing which was great as I had to travel across the country to work here and I wouldn't feel comfortable living in a really cheap area of town. In our division, we have a good chance of getting full time offers if we work hard and exhibit the skills that PepsiCo values, which is also a huge perk. I have heard there are opportunities to progress within the company as well but I can't say much about that as an intern. I have, however, seen that PepsiCo offers tons of training courses and certifications to continue growing your career.

It is right next to plenty of other large corporate offices like Capital One and Intel. Overall, it is an incredible area to live. I can't complain at all about the location. They also offer summer hours which means we can get half day Fridays to be with friends and family.

Overall, this is a great place to intern and work. It has very competitive salaries and the working environment can't be beat. Highly recommend.

Cons

There haven't been a ton of cons. One thing that has been difficult to adjust to is the very diverse employee population. There are occasional language and cultural barriers in the workplace, but that can be seen as a pro in terms of talent and new perspectives.

Continue to reach out to the interns. The information and enthusiasm provided by management is what creates the environment that makes PepsiCo great.

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo