Summer Internship in Research and Development

Current Intern - Research and Development Intern in White Plains, NY
Current Intern - Research and Development Intern in White Plains, NY

I have been working at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all extremely welcoming and helpful. They made themselves available to chat about advice on a project or my future career. I was able to do real work this summer and make contributions to the future of my team, which was a rewarding and beneficial experience. The intern committee planned numerous activities for the interns to get to know one another as well as for the interns to get to know current employees. Overall it was a great learning experience and I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for such an impactful company.

Cons

There were very few cons of this internship aside from the fact that I was always busy and so I did not have as much time to get to know employees in other departments which I would have liked to have been able to do.

Advice to Management

You are all inspirational and it was great that you took the time to have lunch with the interns each week because it was extremely beneficial to be able to get to know you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great learning experience through a structured program with plenty of exposure.

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern

I worked at PepsiCo as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This internship was very beneficial for many reasons. PepsiCo invests heavily into their internship program because they truly see it as a "10-Week Interview". Each of the interns is assigned a real project that consumes much of the work time throughout the summer, but also has the opportunity to assist and learn day-to-day tasks throughout many different departments. Interns have the opportunity to travel across the country to see several different aspects of the company from corporate settings to manufacturing. Additionally, there are plenty of opportunities for exposure to high level executives and the full-time hire prospects seem to be high.

Cons

Because the company is so large, it is hard to regulate the experiences that each intern has. While PepsiCo does an excellent job of placing you where you seem to be most interested, there is still a lot of variability between managers, and settings. A corporate setting is a much different experience than one would get in the field. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but a student should know where they want to end up before going into an interview.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on communication within the program. Especially throughout the school year leading into the summer, as interns, we were often left in the dark. It would also have been nice to have some assistance in finding housing, particularly for those in New York locations where it proved extremely difficult to find reasonable housing for such a short term.

2. WN/N

Current Employee - Operations Resource in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Operations Resource in Memphis, TN

I have been working at PepsiCo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Monday to Friday and Saturday

Cons

I really think it go plac to work

Advice to Management

Let's work as ateam