There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

Happy with job. Great corp culture. Friendly and helpful co-workers. Outstanding pay, benefits.

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

1st year pay appox 47,000+ without my own route. Swings like myself can work multiple route's with the right leads it's a awesome job with outstanding benefits. Loyal customer's, products are in demand 365 a year. We have products that people everyday will think about or eat. Global brand dominance. Works for only highly driven and motivated people. Failure will be quick for some but there is alot of help available if asked for. You will work with other proven winner's. Must be accountable and have real integrity when dealing with large account's on a daily basis. Integrity is part of the Frito-Lay culture you earn it through very hard work and others will know it when they see it.

Cons

Average work week for a lead 53-60 can be more depending on other factors. Swings average 48 to 55 can be more. Max hours can be as high as 70 but that's rare and usually that employee is getting help with special route time manager's or just extra swing time weekly. It's hard work. Hot in summer cold in winter. Requires a self-starter. I mean a real SELF STARTER! Got to be tuned in at 2am to 3am 5 days week ready to rock those chips to the shelves.

Advice to Management

Better technology in the hands of the DSL RSR"S and ZBM's. More flexible time off standards. Fleet upgrade's nationwide way ovedue. Switching to CNG vehicle's is way overdue. Bring upper management to field more often for sales. When management makes a decision let everyone know how the process worked to arrive with that decision.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Professional, driven, productivity and sales oriented but friendly and laid back.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Good benefits and pay (subject to the economic downturn that is hitting everyone). People are laid back but professional. The work is intellectually easy, although it can demand some physical effort to get it all done. Clients and consumers are generally easy to deal with as long as you are not pushing an agenda and disregarding the basic courtesies of civilization (say "hello, how are you" instead of "i need more space. What can you do for me?") Diverse company with lots of places to move to, grow in, dream about...solid corporation too.

Cons

-Communication between production and operations is DISMAL (a circular feedback loop or upside/downside communication loop is needed). You never know if you are going to be short or mis-shipped or if something is no longer available. You order and hope for the best.
    -People seem stagnant. Once they or you are in a position, that is where you stay. There is no training, teaching, pushing, helping you to achieve the next promotion. Basically, it's "you are here, i am there and let's just keep it that way because it is working" mentality. A former boss told me it was his job to prepare me for his job so someone could take his place when he moved up...not so here.
    -If you are hourly in operations, getting enough hours to survive can be a challenge. If you are commission sales, working too many hours can be an issue BUT the company is making good strides here so you can still have a personal life.

Advice to Management

1. Find some way to address what is happening in production and communicate that PROMPTLY to the sales force. (I have a sale on Cheetos/Fritos, you can't produce and I don't know until the sale is over?, etc.)
    2. Pay and benefits are good but what about helping move people up or around who could better be utilized in other areas or who are looking for other opportunities? Does a merchandiser ALWAYS want to stay a merchandiser, etc.? (Yes, there is an outline on the website and a leadership course thing but it doesn't translate to actual life)
    3. Corporate is smart and good at what they do but you might want to get out and run a route (sales) or a line (production) to see what issues crop up in the real world and don't exist in a theoretical model conjured up in the office.

Great for your resume, bad for your life.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Torrance, CA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Great money, good on your resume. It's also nice that you are out in the field and not confined to an office.

Cons

You become a workaholic and there is a lot of BS you have to deal with.