There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo

it is a good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

good working envirement, great people employed there, knowledgeable employees, good work ethics, excellent team work, excellent skillful workers ,friendly employees

Cons

poor management,poor planners,alot of waste caused by poor management,alot of money wasted by poor planning,no communicatin from management

involve hourly employees in the planning of maintenance, ask hourly employees how to best save money without elliminating jobs, keep hourly employees more in the loop

reviews filtered by

The problem with our location is an egotistical zone leader.

Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lynchburg, VA
    Current Employee - RSR Route Sales Representative in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at PepsiCo

Pros

Decent Pay, not much else is worth it. The benifits, once tops in the nation, has become nothing more than average.

Cons

The zone leader at our location (The Salem Zone) is out for himself and thankfully will be leaving our team this month. Decisions are based on what makes him look best, and not what's in the best interests of our location, our employees, or most importantly our customers.

We no longer give our customers what they need, but what Frito Lay decides to give to them. The products are forced onto the customer, our trucks full of product that is short dated, not promoted, and worse yet, not wanted. Stales are always an issue. The experienced route person who knows her route has zero decision making in what to promote into accounts. Stales are caused almost entirely from the company. Bin locations get the best and longest dates, distribution centers get the shortest dates that have no chance of getting sold before going "out of date".

Advancements if you are an RSR are non existant. The best do not get promoted because they are needed on the routes. The average get promoted because of nepotism, friendships, or brown nosing. Decisions are always closed door, with the employee the last to know. Feedback between employee and management is a one way street. Management tells the employee what they want and the employee (and the customer) has no recourse.

Personal days....... forget it, there are no personal days granted. There is zero work/family life balance. You never get a weekend off. You are too tired by 7pm in the evening to have a romanitc relationship with your spouse. Your children suffer the most, they never see mom or dad on Saturdays and in some cases for the entire weekend. .

Our entire zone (Salem) is no longer trying. Our decisions are pointless and meaningless to management. Worse yet is our zone leader is teaching his management team his styles, and any feedback given to district leaders is immediately shot to the zone leader and if negative is held against you.

I feel my strenghts should be with another company. Think long and hard before considering a career with Frito Lay.

The company for the last 10 years has stagnated. Decisions are not based on what's best for the overall company, but what's best for certain individuals within the management ranks.

All that is "blue" does not glitter

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Purchase, NY

I worked at PepsiCo

Pros

PepsiCo is good place to work. Great fun to see how the brand is built and showcases sports marketing and celebrity athletes

Cons

If you do not make it to the band level (executive) your career will never flourish at Pepsi. Being banded is like being "made". For prospective recruits, ask about the band levels that HR never talks about.

Open up the band levels and make them an even playing field

There are newer employer reviews for PepsiCo