There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software

A positive, rewarding place to grow your skills and enjoy those you work with

Current Employee - Program Readiness Professional in Shawnee, KS
Current Employee - Program Readiness Professional in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

The overall company culture is relaxed and casual. People are treated as adults unless they give reason not to be.

Cons

Compensation could be better. There is a bit of a clique-ish mentality in middle management that is somewhat difficult to crack

Advice to Management

Accelerate the construction of new work space. The building is bursting at the seams. Continue to cut the dead weight that has been holding back some of the departments and let the people who are creative, talented and fantastic at what they do become the next generation of leaders that can take the customer focus of Perceptive and grow it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good work-life balance, very low to non-existent raises

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

Good work-life balance. Some managers are great and are very good mentors. These managers try their level best to maintain a good work environment and promote good work-life balance.

Cons

Some managers need more experience to be effective leaders. Middle management feels like a clique and after a while, developers feel like peons. They will give you what you ask as far as salary but raises are atrocious. I liked the company and would have not considered moving to my current job if salary was commensurate with my expectations. Good place to gain experience and move on...even promotions only allow for 5%-6% raise.

Advice to Management

Keep up the effort to maintain a good work-life balance. Need to be aware of the fact that Perceptive's compensation and so called salary scale is way below industry standard. IF I had stayed at Perceptive, it might have taken me 10 years to make what I currently do at my current workplace.

Good place to work but changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

Fun environment and good people.

Cons

Underpaid and benefits degrading (meaning health, dental, vision costing more but delivering less).