Perceptive Software
www.perceptivesoftware.com Shawnee, KS 500 to 999 Employees

Good work-life balance, very low to non-existent raises

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Shawnee, KS

ProsGood work-life balance. Some managers are great and are very good mentors. These managers try their level best to maintain a good work environment and promote good work-life balance.

ConsSome managers need more experience to be effective leaders. Middle management feels like a clique and after a while, developers feel like peons. They will give you what you ask as far as salary but raises are atrocious. I liked the company and would have not considered moving to my current job if salary was commensurate with my expectations. Good place to gain experience and move on...even promotions only allow for 5%-6% raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the effort to maintain a good work-life balance. Need to be aware of the fact that Perceptive's compensation and so called salary scale is way below industry standard. IF I had stayed at Perceptive, it might have taken me 10 years to make what I currently do at my current workplace.

Good place to work but changing

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros: Fun environment and good people. Cons: Underpaid and benefits degrading (meaning health, dental, vision costing more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A sales driven organization that feels like a grade-school playground sometimes

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros: Fun environment, lots of events, very smart people, rigorous hiring process, free food often,… Cons: Growing pains: Parking is crappy, shortage of restrooms, workspaces are small and yet not organized for collaboration: people sitting at folding tables, different workspaces for… Advice to Senior Management: Show a clear purpose, strategy, and focus for all of the growth... all of the pain of… More
There are newer reviews on Perceptive Software.

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Perceptive Software reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Perceptive Software CEO Scott Coons. All reviews posted anonymously by Perceptive Software employees.