This company is a joke.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Shawnee, KS
Former Employee - Project Manager in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

It's a great place to work if you do not want to work very hard. It's a great mindless job that allows you to put your time in and go home. The work at the company is not challenging.

Cons

The company has no vision, strategy or leadership. The management team in professional services is extremely inexperienced.

Instead of having leaders in management positions, they have micromanagers. The management team lacks professionalism and the skills needed to lead a successful professional services organization.

The company is very unstable due to the poor leadership.

The company does not have the right leadership, inorder to succeed the investors need to completely clean house.

Other Reviews for Perceptive Software

He stated that the ImageNow product is market proof in a company meeting and layed off 26 employees two months later.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Consultant in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

If you want to work for a company that has a simple product that has very little challenge, this is the place for you. I really can't think of any good reasons to work here, I've been bored out of my skull. Since joining in 2007 I've heard all this talk of projects in the pipeline, but have had to struggle to maintain billability. Bonuses are based on this and its completely out of your control.

Cons

I came to Perceptive after the management and company advertised the organization as a place that promotes creativity and use of personal styles. Once I came on board i discovered that none of this is true. You're expected to complete lots of worhtless presentations and demonstrate solutions that are hardly unique or amazing. There are definitely too many managers for an organization this small. All of the managers except 1 have been promoted from within and have no outside experience and only 1-2 years of management experience. The managers are very green and not very professional in nature.

This company didn't even have an expense approval process in place until this year. This was stated in a company presentation. Managers were just blowing money out the wazoo on dinners and lunches for everyone. I couldn't believe it took a company of this size this long to start reviewing their expenses more closely. They didn't even have a CFO until recently. I'm sure that these irresponsible acts in conjuntion with the economy, contributed to the layoffs this year. Everyone speculates there are more to follow.

Promotions just happen here. You aren't given notification of the opening, you have to be "chosen one"

scale back on the inexperienced managers and bring in some outside talent that know how to generate revenue, promote new ideas, and communicate effectively. I would start by working this from the top down, beacuse the highest levels of management don't seem to have a clue about the true financial state of the company and how to properly forecast their needs. This is evident in the massive hiring they completed last year. Everyone knows you run lean and then hire little by little to meet your needs. Better to have ton of work rather than a ton of people and no work. Some brilliant manager felt that they should hire 100+ people for projects that weren't even solid.

None of the managers are visionaries and this company definitely lacks a vision. They need some leaders that can get this company moving forward and generating more revenue.

Definitely one of the best places to work in the Kansas City area.

Former Employee - Product Support Engineer  in  Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Product Support Engineer in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

The company is still very tight-knit even though it is experiencing incredible growth. There are a large variety of opportunities to grow both professionally and inside the company. It speaks volumes to see so many people who stay with the company for so many years. It was one company I truly enjoyed coming to work for every morning.

Cons

Kansas does not offer a large amount of opportunities for expansion, but it is growing more.

Management does a fantastic job of keeping the whole company in the loop about what is going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software.

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!