Perceptive Software

www.perceptivesoftware.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software

Lack of managment hurts Perceptive.

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

The people (not management) at Perceptive are great and are the main reason that most people stay around. There is a lot talent, just managed very poorly.

Cons

Very long hours and very little pay. Most management is completely inexperienced. There are definitely too many unecessary layers of management in some areas. The benefits package is pretty poor compared to most other companies their size. The perks are childish. There are many things besides beer and and awful amount of t-shirts that would be good to have if you've performed well.

Someone should not get promoted to management just because they are good at their current job or have been at the company for years. Not everyone is meant to be a manager.

117 Other Employee Reviews for Perceptive Software (View Most Recent)

Don't be fooled...Perceptive is still a great place to work!

Current Employee - R&D in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - R&D in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

Challenging environment with great technology and very good opportunities for growth. There are very few companies in the KC area (or in the midwest for that matter) that offer the type of work environment that Perceptive offers. A great deal of energy and effort is placed on making Perceptive a place that people want to work. It is unfortunate that so many people have such negative comments since the vast majority of the 450+ employees would still rate the company very high. I have worked for the company for many years in various capacities. Have there been rough spots? Sure, but I still get excited about work every day because I know that I can make it as good or as bad as I want it to be.

Cons

Is Perceptive perfect? Certainly not. But can anyone name one that is? Perceptive is not immune to this economy. It is unfortunate that so many people had to lose their jobs. We are all feeling the effects of that (and will be for a while). Senior management was very aggressive in their planning for the coming years. We staffed in preparation for continued record-setting revenues. But Perceptive is not responsible for the poor economy. About the only criticism that I can come up with is that Perceptive has tried (for the last several years) to do too much...trying to be everything for everyone. We have been spread too thin in a phases of the company. We need more focus.

Develop a clear vision for the company and the products. Invest in making sure that all employees understand that vision.

A place where you can effect change.

Current Employee - R & D in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - R & D in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

I feel the people at Perceptive are treated very fairly by their bosses. It is a culture based on results and can be very rewarding if you are a driven individual. As an Engineering company it is rightly focused on product and allows for lots of very cool problems to be tackled. The team I work on is of the highest caliber and I have never felt such dedication to my co-workers.

Cons

I think it can widely vary from department to department. We are challenged to offer the same opportunities for problems and growth in all areas of the business. Like most places it is what you make of it. There is very little hand holding and driven people are rewarded. This is tough for people who haven't worked at a software company, but rather in an IT position.

Communication should be stepped up. It can be frustrating to be told something is coming, and then never deliver (like goals for the next fiscal year).

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software