There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software

It's like a permanent vacation!!

Current Employee - Developer in Shawnee, KS
Current Employee - Developer in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

Free leftover food, quite a bit of it around after client visits. I liked being able to use the gym and converse with my coworkers in the open areas. Cool to hit the xbox every once and a while

Cons

Tough to get your ideas pushed through. I've had a difficult time getting my manager to follow through on items I bring forth in my PDP. I've made recommendations on areas I'd like to venture out in and my manager hasn't given me the time of day. I feel like its impossible to gain new skills. I believe that working here will pigeon hole you if you're not careful. There really aren't too many skills you could take away to other local companies if you try to leave.

Advice to Management

take personal development seriously. Don't just tell employees that we get the perks and that we need to be grateful for them. I've heard time and time again from management that we're lucky to have games, slide, segways, and free beer. Management needs to push real rewards and present real challenges

reviews filtered by

Cronyism running wild at Perceptive Software

Former Employee - Account Executive in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

Good employee benefits, comfortable and friendly work environment. Great people as long as they aren't managers.

Cons

The management team is absolutely horrible. This is especially true of the sales management. Employees are treated like they are just pieces of garbage that can be thrown to the curb whenever the cost structure does not support the inflated number of employees they hired.

Advice to Management

Stop ruling by terror! Treat your employees with respect.

Extremely disapprove

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

Some perks are nice, low health insurance, low dental insurance, bagels/doughnuts on Friday.

Cons

Its a great place to work if you want to worry about whether your job will be around at the end of the week otherwise this job is not for you. Managers are only worried about themselves and not the career advancement of those underneath them. They see everyone as a threat and not as a person they enjoy working with. If a problem happens it is always someone elses fault. The handling of employees correlates with what department your in. Management goes to meetings and brings back nothing to the table. People in the know want to stay that way and choose not to share anything.

Advice to Management

Financial forecasting seems to be something that needs further review.

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software