Perceptive Software

www.perceptivesoftware.com

It's like a permanent vacation!!

Current Employee - Developer  in  Shawnee, KS
Current Employee - Developer in Shawnee, KS

Pros

Free leftover food, quite a bit of it around after client visits. I liked being able to use the gym and converse with my coworkers in the open areas. Cool to hit the xbox every once and a while

Cons

Tough to get your ideas pushed through. I've had a difficult time getting my manager to follow through on items I bring forth in my PDP. I've made recommendations on areas I'd like to venture out in and my manager hasn't given me the time of day. I feel like its impossible to gain new skills. I believe that working here will pigeon hole you if you're not careful. There really aren't too many skills you could take away to other local companies if you try to leave.

take personal development seriously. Don't just tell employees that we get the perks and that we need to be grateful for them. I've heard time and time again from management that we're lucky to have games, slide, segways, and free beer. Management needs to push real rewards and present real challenges

Other reviews for Perceptive Software

Not one of the best places to work.

Former Employee - R & D  in  Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - R & D in Shawnee, KS

Pros

The perks were good while they may last, but bear in mind there is no such thing as a free lunch. The dress code was very casual. Free bagels and doughnuts every Friday. The slide. The dodge ball court. The exercise room.

Cons

Many managers have no leadership skills. Product quality suffered due to inexperienced development staff and no development standards. Internal applications insufficient for business needs. Staff burn out common. Yearly performance reviews were not given. Compensation was not in line with the market. Low performing employees allowed to retain their jobs dragging down the morale of other team members.

Plan product releases better and don't try to implement so many features in each release. It would be better to have a few well planned, well implemented features than to have many buggy features. Instill development standards. Adequately reward top performers. Realize that hating to lose is not the same as wanting to win.

Great place for a particular type of person.

Former Employee - Sale and Marketing  in  Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Sale and Marketing in Shawnee, KS

Pros

"College" culture. Great place if you love to get little rewards. Strong product set and a good niche. Very structured and regimented in sales process if that's what you like. Gym on site. Development crew is top notch. company gets a lot of press locally.

Cons

Very biased towards the old timers and development folks. Not great salaries. Lot of micro management in Sales.

I don't know ... I guess they're style of management and culture is working (i.e. producing revenue and profit) then they should keep doing what they're doing.

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software.

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!