Good Place to work, Lexmark makes it tough

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shawnee, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Culture and values are one of a kind and going to work everyday was like being with family. They have (or had) a wii, dodgeball court, and gym in their corporate office in Shawnee. They were extremely competitive (but good sports) in corporate challenge.

Cons

Lexmark is sitting on their culture taking away what they did best. The HR deparment didn't develop fast enough, or wasn't able (poor leadership/management) to meet recuiting needs. Gross amount of KU fans, fairly obnoxious during basketball season. So follow KU sports because you'll be talking about it.

Other Reviews for Perceptive Software

Great place to work with above average benefits.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Consultant in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

They treat most of their employees right.
    The company is growing quickly since Lexmark acquired it.
    Professional Services events every couple of months: Golf, winery tours, saddlers...
    Living the Dream mentality.
    Decent salaries.

Cons

If you are not in with management it is difficult to move up.
    A ton of traveling in a few roles.

Good work-life balance, very low to non-existent raises

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Shawnee, KS
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

Good work-life balance. Some managers are great and are very good mentors. These managers try their level best to maintain a good work environment and promote good work-life balance.

Cons

Some managers need more experience to be effective leaders. Middle management feels like a clique and after a while, developers feel like peons. They will give you what you ask as far as salary but raises are atrocious. I liked the company and would have not considered moving to my current job if salary was commensurate with my expectations. Good place to gain experience and move on...even promotions only allow for 5%-6% raise.

Keep up the effort to maintain a good work-life balance. Need to be aware of the fact that Perceptive's compensation and so called salary scale is way below industry standard. IF I had stayed at Perceptive, it might have taken me 10 years to make what I currently do at my current workplace.

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software.

Worked for Perceptive Software? Contribute to the Community!