Perceptive Software

Management is really bad

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shawnee, KS
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Shawnee, KS

I worked at Perceptive Software

Pros

party house - lots of parties and drinks
work from home when needed
flexible work hours
free pop
free bagels and donuts on Friday

Cons

Being good at politics is very important here. You get promoted not by your talent, but by who is your buddy, friend. You get kicked out if you are not one of them. Management team are really close to each other so that they can screw up anyone they want. If you are social and can talk you will be successful. If you can only do things even you have great talent you are screwed.

The executive team should be alert about management team. Good management team should not use politics to manage team. Instead they should keep equal distance with everyone.

113 Other Employee Reviews for Perceptive Software (View Most Recent)

It's ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

Casual atmosphere

Good benefits

Management supports flexible time/work from home if needed

Good coworkers for the most part

Management promotes team atmosphere and respect-- almost weekly team meetings, birthday cookies, holiday gift, and anniversary gift

Cons

Supervisory positions are filled by people with tenure, not by qualifications, resulting in sub-par direct management structure

There is segregation within the department between the "favorites" and the "outcasts"

No opportunity for career growth/advancement

Utilize SuccessFactors and read employee's manager reviews. If we take the time to review our managers, we expect our review comments will be used to influence performance reviews of our manager. It feels like manager reviews are getting ignored, which gives employees no opportunity to provide real feedback.

Review

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Shawnee, KS
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Shawnee, KS

I have been working at Perceptive Software

Pros

Perceptive offers a dynamic enviornment and is staffed with employees who care about doing a quality job. Everyone works for the good ot the team, company and customers.

Cons

As with any Sales / Software organization, pursuit of the sale can put those who support the customers in a tough spot.

Continue to make the customer the primary focus and keep the quality of the software in the forefront of all you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Perceptive Software