Performance Food Group

www.pfgc.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group

It was a great company until it got too big for its britches

Former Employee - Information Technology in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Information Technology in Richmond, VA

I worked at Performance Food Group

Pros

The medical and 401(k) benefits were decent. The salary was comparable to the Richmond, VA market and the severance package was decent. Two weeks vacation after 1 year, 6 paid holidays and 4 paid personal days.

Cons

IT service and support has taken a hit due to IT outsourcing. Privately owned company looking to go public at the expense of employees and American jobs.

Thanks for letting me go, I needed a paid break. Good luck with the IT outsourcing.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Performance Food Group (View Most Recent)

PFG is a great company to learn the industry, but PFG has trouble competing with IFH, Sysco and US Food.

Former Employee - Food Sales Consultant in Asheville, NC
    Former Employee - Food Sales Consultant in Asheville, NC

I worked at Performance Food Group

Pros

The commission structure is great. PFG is in a growth mode and understands that in order to grow, they must show opportunity for sales reps to make a living.

Cons

limited lines, limited buying power, management not willing to take risk associated with growth, Warehouses are located in small/bad locations for distribution.

If you seek to compete and operate on the level of Sysco and US Food, then management must understand that each OpCo will take losses at first. Purchasing levels must increase.

In the Foodservice industry you have to look out for yourself.

Former Employee - District Sales Representative in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - District Sales Representative in Springfield, MA

I worked at Performance Food Group

Pros

Good benefits comparable to other companies of its size. There is an inside rep that helps with overwhelming workload. PFG does provide Above average Marketing tools. You can make some very good money here with alot of hours. An average Rep makes about $60,000/Year. The very good reps make about $80-100,000/year and up. Its very hard work, but can be very rewarding.

Cons

Management not very supportive. Management does not lead and mentor, they criticise and walk away--they are not there as a team member. Higher management hire alot of outside employees for management roles. They hired someone that I used to work with at another company to manage a team. This same manager was hired knowing he was fired for being so abusive to his employees and upseting customers. Reps from that team would constantly tell me he was just as abusive to them, and their customers did not want to see him. All this in just a couple of months at PFG. Needless to say, I lost alot of respect for the company very quickly. I have moved on to another company now and happy. You use your own car with no allowance. PFG does not provide a gas or phone allowance either.

Hire within. Nobody knows the company and policies better than someone who has been there. Middle management should be riding with someone from their team 3 or 4 times a week to mentor and help with issues they may be facing. Have training seminars for sales staff. There were sales meetings every month, all we saw was food. I know it is a foodservice company, but there needed to be training seminars as well. No matter how long you have been doing this, there should be constant training. Brett Favre gets coached every week, look at his experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group