There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group

Stuck in the stone age

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Performance Food Group

Pros

Benefits except for vacation/time off is decent or at least average

Cons

Not much room for growth
IT department is horrible. Outsourced help desk and technical function to HCL which is horrible. Rebadged other former PFG employees. The ones they kept have no drive and hate the BSC because we ask "too" much from them. Most or AS/400 programers now working in the SAP world and hate change.
The BSC is in the Vistar building in Centennial, CO. Vistar is an old fashion buisness and many people have been there 20+ years. There is constant conflict between PFG and Vistar. The crazy thing is the person running the entire company is the former head of Vistar.

If you want to change and fix the rift between Vistar and the PFG employees in the Centennial building, the direction must come from the top, meaning George. The meetings we have been having are going to be useless if the change and direction does not come from George.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Performance Food Group (View Most Recent)

you work hard for no reason!

Current Employee - Selector in Springfield, MA
    Current Employee - Selector in Springfield, MA

I have been working at Performance Food Group

Pros

summer time work slows down so u sleep home at night with family if u have 1!

Cons

u work a lot of hours especially if some one or more then one ppl are not really working u have to pick up there slack so thats more work for you and u end up leaving anywhere from 4-8 in the morning!!

It was a great company until it got too big for its britches

Former Employee - Information Technology in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Information Technology in Richmond, VA

I worked at Performance Food Group

Pros

The medical and 401(k) benefits were decent. The salary was comparable to the Richmond, VA market and the severance package was decent. Two weeks vacation after 1 year, 6 paid holidays and 4 paid personal days.

Cons

IT service and support has taken a hit due to IT outsourcing. Privately owned company looking to go public at the expense of employees and American jobs.

Thanks for letting me go, I needed a paid break. Good luck with the IT outsourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group