There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group

Customer-centric and empowering, Great for Independent Restaurants

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at Performance Food Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My experience with PFG was extremely positive. The company is made up of a lot of people that have left the corporate top-down food distributors At it's core are a number of employees from legacy companies that were the original founding companies of PFG. Employees are hardworking, dedicated, and committed to taking care of customers. Management is supportive and developing an excellence culture that is received well by employees and customers. No frills approach to getting the job done and deliver the cases. Salesforce is not encumbered with excessive reporting. Each operating division acts autonomously, focus is on taking care of customers and developing employees to take care of the customer.

Cons

They are still learning to be nimble in the marketplace. Working on systems and processes that enhance the customer experience is key. From a marketing perspective PFG might be a little to quick to imitate rather than innovate.

Let operating companies run, this is a customer by customer process and operating companies can make nimble decisions. Continue to invest in technology that enables operating companies to streamline customer functions and provide timely and accurate deliveries. . Great opportunity to set yourselves apart from the mega players in the space. Focus on delivering those boxes quickly and efficiently and most importantly, continue to invest in quality people.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Performance Food Group (View Most Recent)

it is a job...

I have been working at Performance Food Group

Pros

it is nice to get paid weekly...

Cons

Very Unorganized with high turnover.

When I first started there was more respect.

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Performance Food Group full-time

Pros

Plenty of work, decent home times, vacation policies not too bad. decent health benefits. Salary is average. Good equipment to use.

Cons

There is a vast lack of respect from upper management to the employees. We are constantly told we are the "face " of the company. Management operates differently. We were likened by management to monkeys driving a truck. If you can push a handtruck you are hired.

Pay your employees a little more respect, without us you would not have a job either. Listen to the suggestions your employees make. dont pay lip service, take care of your employees they will take care of your business.

There are newer employer reviews for Performance Food Group