Perfumania Holdings

www.perfumaniaholdingsinc.com
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Perfumania Holdings

Perfumania is great at times

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings

Pros

The products are great. My DM is wonderful. The pay is good for a college student. Good envirnoment. Great retail job.

Cons

They don't listen to lower level employees (Asst. Manager/ 3rd Key) about ideas. Hard to inform DM about Boss wrongful doings without being penalized. DM needs to know that every store is different and you can treat them the same.

Advice to Management

I think you guys to split bonuses that is only given to managers between the staff. I think that (well in my store) the staff works just as hard if not harder than managers. I think we need to know what's going on with our raises. Please stop telling DM's to give employees the spill that if we sell more that we make more money, we know that but sells always there. I really think that lower level employees need to know more about what they are doing good than what they can improve because they are not getting any bonus so why should they work harder?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not what it's cracked up to be

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings

Pros

Lucrative commission Decent hours during seasonal times

Cons

Salary freezes, no raises in sight, few opportunities for advancement, expensive medical, health and dental insurance pakages. Not a good job during a recession hit economy

Advice to Management

Learn how to praise your frontline employees who work hard to increase your bottom line profits! Also rewarding good performance would definitely increase morale.

A pleasant work environment that provides good work ,life balance.

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Treated with dignity and respect by upper management Good commission program Pleasant work environment Competitive Reasonable benefits

Cons

Communication between corporate and stores Hourly pay not competitive enough Lack of pay increase based on performance