Perfumania Holdings

www.perfumaniaholdingsinc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Perfumania Holdings

Over 2 yrs with a pay freeze, insurance copays outrageous, and no room for advancement...its time to move on.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Strongsville, OH

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings

Pros

Commissions are ok. Great camaraderie among managers within a district. Upper management and corporate make their way to visit the stores so you get to meet who's in charge. Corporate big guys are very friendly and down to earth.

Cons

Selling the Spa lotion. Everyone has to sell the spa lotion or you may receive a written warning or worse. Lack of hours allotted per store leaves store managers working longer hours; small staff.

16 Other Employee Reviews for Perfumania Holdings (View Most Recent)

Retail job

Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Perfumania Holdings

Pros

Great seasonal job. Good commision programmes for sales people at all times.

Cons

Follow up your paycheck, mistakes happened in big scales. 2008 tax forms were a mess. They had to correct and resend it all over. Not even to mention how inaccurate the checks were during 2008 holidays. They changed two of the 3 manager bonuses to be paid annually. You have to stick around 2 more months after year end and you might get your total last year`s manager bonus. People should be paid before their sweat dries off. The salaries are frozen and capped. You cant get a raise over a certain amount, and now, you cant even get a raise at all. And also forget about open door policy. District manager are trying to steal each others employees. Just all the way wrong.

Listen to your employees. Trust in their voice. You might be suprised what you can learn from them. You are loosing your good people. So much time and money is invested in these people. Just so sad to see all these people running away.

Perfumania is great at times

I have been working at Perfumania Holdings

Pros

The products are great. My DM is wonderful. The pay is good for a college student. Good envirnoment. Great retail job.

Cons

They don't listen to lower level employees (Asst. Manager/ 3rd Key) about ideas. Hard to inform DM about Boss wrongful doings without being penalized. DM needs to know that every store is different and you can treat them the same.

I think you guys to split bonuses that is only given to managers between the staff. I think that (well in my store) the staff works just as hard if not harder than managers. I think we need to know what's going on with our raises. Please stop telling DM's to give employees the spill that if we sell more that we make more money, we know that but sells always there. I really think that lower level employees need to know more about what they are doing good than what they can improve because they are not getting any bonus so why should they work harder?

There are newer employer reviews for Perfumania Holdings