PerkinElmer

www.perkinelmer.com
  www.perkinelmer.com
There are newer employer reviews for PerkinElmer

Writing reports and presentations for supervisors and management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at PerkinElmer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, I liked and miss the people. I got the opportunity to do some interesting work there.

Cons

Spending to much time writing reports and presentations. This time would be better spent working in the lab. Conflicts between instrument division and reagent division. Instrument Division wants to sell it's high margin products. Reagent division wants to sell their products. Combining instruments and reagent doesn't work well. New acquisitions watch for layoffs. Matrix management s

Good Luck.

125 Other Employee Reviews for PerkinElmer (View Most Recent)

All decisions are political

Current Employee - Operations in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Operations in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at PerkinElmer full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The rank and file workers are great, I made a lot of friends and connections there. The work is interesting, and I was able to do some fun projects with my peers.

Cons

No matter how well you do or potential you show there is no way you will get a decent raise or salary track. If you start off at a lower salary you will remain there. Business decisions are all political or financial. They attempt to standardize all business platforms for the companies they acquire regardless of whether it will work for the particular unit.

Listen to your employees when they are saying things are going wrong, the people that run the day to day are actually pretty smart and deserve to be heard. Paying below median salaries as a corporate policy does more to alienate workers than increase profits.

Stay away!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at PerkinElmer full-time (more than an year)

Pros

free gym, covered parking..that's it

Cons

if you have not been there for 20+ years, you have no right to an opinion. The management is the ultimate old boys' club, and look out for each other. They don't provide any training but expect a lot out of you. Health insurance cost is ridiculous

get a new one