PerkinElmer
www.perkinelmer.com Waltham, MA 5000+ Employees

All decisions are political

Operations (Current Employee)
Cambridge, MA

ProsThe rank and file workers are great, I made a lot of friends and connections there. The work is interesting, and I was able to do some fun projects with my peers.

ConsNo matter how well you do or potential you show there is no way you will get a decent raise or salary track. If you start off at a lower salary you will remain there. Business decisions are all political or financial. They attempt to standardize all business platforms for the companies they acquire regardless of whether it will work for the particular unit.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they are saying things are going wrong, the people that run the day to day are actually pretty smart and deserve to be heard. Paying below median salaries as a corporate policy does more to alienate workers than increase profits.

Writing reports and presentations for supervisors and management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at PerkinElmer full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good benefits, I liked and miss the people. I got… Cons: Spending to much time writing reports and presentations. This time would be better spent working in the lab. Conflicts between instrument division and reagent division.… Advice to Senior Management: Good Luck. – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Stay away!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Waltham, MA

I worked at PerkinElmer full-time for more than a year

Pros: free gym, covered parking..that's it Cons: if you have not been there for 20+ years, you have no right to an opinion. The management is the ultimate old boys'… Advice to Senior Management: get a new one No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PerkinElmer.

Worked for PerkinElmer? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PerkinElmer reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PerkinElmer CEO Rob Friel. All reviews posted anonymously by PerkinElmer employees.