Perkins Coie

www.perkinscoie.com

Mid-size PNW law firm - IT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery proud of their "Best Places to Work" rating, do make efforts to have social events, engage employees with volunteer efforts and community work.

ConsSalaries are average, the scale of the enterprise had surprisingly little mobility, lots of hoops to jump through in order to get training or advance your skills. Company culture is socially liberal but conservative in terms of how long it takes to effect change. Is becoming more corporate in recent years, which has led to increased expectations without better tools to effect those changes on the time frame demanded. And yes, I do mean demanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementReorgs do not mean change - listen to those doing the grunt work at the bottom of the heirarchy and try to integrate their suggestions to make meaningful change instead of appeasing attorneys. The attorneys will benefit in the end, but they need to broaden their worldview to see potential benefits that may not appear immediate.

Unless you're an attorney- Do NOT work here.

Former Marketing (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at Perkins Coie full-time for less than a year

Pros: I took a job at Perkins based on their amazing ratings, their best places to work rating, and was excited about their benefits package. I… Cons: The "pros" ended the minute I actually began work. My first day on the job, someone from another department came into offer his condolences that… Advice to Senior Management: Kindness goes a long way. A LONG WAY. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Couldn't spend my career here...

Legal Secretary (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Perkins Coie full-time

Pros: - Some people are excellent to work with - Free, unlimited beverages - Interesting cases - If you… Cons: - They are in the dark ages when it comes to administrative stream-lining. - There is significant red tape from "Seattle" -- being a side-office… Advice to Senior Management: Upgrade financial/accounting practices, create firm-wide organizational conventions/practices, and create some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Perkins Coie.

Worked for Perkins Coie? Contribute to the Community!