Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Job or Career

Former Employee - Associate Manager
Former Employee - Associate Manager

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Pros

Good atmosphere. Easy to keep your job. Relatively easy work. Flexible schedules. Food discounts while working. Not a high pressure environment.

Cons

No real training program. No support for employees wanting to move up in the company. If you already know the job....you are good to go! If you need to be trained...go somewhere else where the employees count and are considered an asset to the company not just a warm body to fill in the scedule gaps.

Invest in your people. Provide a training program for those interested in advancement. Insist that your GM's invest time in hourly and management employees looking to advance their careers. Tell your GM's to be interested in helping everyone, not just the pretty young girls. I currently work for another company and God has blessed me with a very good career where I am positively impacting the growth of my new company. With a little effort I would probably have stayed with your company.

90 Other Employee Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (View Most Recent)

Ok place to work no job security, the bottom line is most important

Current Employee - Certified Food Server Trainer in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Certified Food Server Trainer in Riverside, CA

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

reasonable prices, cool promotions that bring in customers

Cons

asking customers to contribute to charities, people get this enough in other aspects of life.

Consider how price increases affect the servers and ask the people interacting with the public on advice before implementing something for the serve staff to do.

Not bad, but not great.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time

Pros

Great working environment. The other servers I worked with were friendly and for the most part worked together to get through each shift. Managers could get a little frustrated at times, welcome to working in the food industry.

Cons

Dealing with irate customers who expect everything from you, but offer nothing in return. Tips were usually minimal and expectancy of service was usually pretty high.

Streamline the whole process with better training for those helping the servers.

There are newer employer reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery