Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

www.perkinsrestaurants.com
Engaged Employer

Poorly treated

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was better than some. That's honestly about it. Nothing else I can say.

Cons

Poor treatment. They say they're all about respect, but honestly that is a complete lie.

Advice to Management

Stop poorly treating workers just because they're new.

Other Employee Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

1. Decent pay, work isn't too difficult, for the most part it's not a bad job.

Current Employee - Baker in Jefferson City, MO
    Current Employee - Baker in Jefferson City, MO

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay isn't bad. Work is easy enough. Usually good management and coworkers. Usually good hours are given if you do the job well, and want them of course.

Cons

Early workday - 5am! Didn't see a raise until after already working there for 2 years. While the work is easy, sometimes the workload is too much (holidays and weekends) and it seems that not enough time is given to complete all your tasks "on time." Sometimes I had to pick up the slack of certain coworkers too. I saw lots of double standards as well (for instance, certain coworkers showing up 40 minutes late on a daily basis, management never saying a word, while I walk in 1-5 minutes late occasionally and something is said... and we weren't even open yet). Not much room to advance it seems. Was also hired as "full-time" but was always being rushed out the door, once the holiday season was over I never received more than 20 hours.

Advice to Management

Understand that it takes more than 3-4 hours to complete all tasks unless it's a very easy day. Stop with the double standards. Understand that it's an extremely early morning shift - people are bound to be a couple minutes late that early - better late than never.

2. Horrible Disgusting Kitchen & Upper Staff

Current Employee - Line Cook in South Bend, IN
    Current Employee - Line Cook in South Bend, IN

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Good Pay *Nice People *Strong Feeling Of Relief After Going Home

Cons

*Pay Not Worth Work Effort *Horrible Kitchen Environment. (Sickening Smell, Extreme Heat, etc..) *There Are Obviously Many Dead Animals In The Building. *Forced To Do Other People's Jobs. (Such As Things The Waiter/Waitresses Should Do Themselves) *Very Mean, Rude Managers. *Overtime Everyday. No One Leaves Even If You Are Dying. You Will Never Get Out When You're Supposed To. *NO BREAKS EVER! *Understaffed *No Insurance, Benefits, Or Sick Days (You Can Get Fired For Calling In Sick With Out Going To The Hospital First)