Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Good and reasonable company

Former Employee - Associate Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Associate Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good basic company, lacks local ownership. Has downsized in recent years. That type of restraint speaks well of this company.

Cons

Was a more formidable company when it had local ownership. They have cleaned out the dead wood in the management department.

Keep growing carefully and slowly.

86 Other Employee Reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery (View Most Recent)

Good for a first job, but not something I wanted to stick around for

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for more than a year

Pros

I started out as a hostess at Perkins as my first job. It was rough, as I was not used to the hustle and bustle of busy Sunday mornings, but once I got the hang of it, I learned how to multitask and think on my feet, skills that I first practiced in this job. There is some career advancement depending on your location; I became a server about a year after I first got my hostessing job. I was fortunate that I had some great supervisors who were willing to work around schedules and let me go home if I was waiting on one final table for the night to finally leave.

Cons

Working at Perkins became more frustrating when we changed general managers. Our new GM often did not understand what was going on. And while many servers did have the tendency to call out last-minute, he misdirected his frustration at me one morning when I caught a stomach bug and had to call out of work for the day. Our store was also quite dirty.

Listen to servers and hosts/hostesses who are dissatisfied and give them ways to feel like they're valued.

Management was not good

Former Employee - Hostess  in  Collierville, TN
    Former Employee - Hostess in Collierville, TN

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time for less than a year

Pros

I like working with people.

Cons

The manager that was there @ that time would change the schedule with out notifying you, she got mad @ someone she would not put them on the schedule, and if she did them on the schedule it was only a day or 2 that week.

There are newer employer reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Worked for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery? Contribute to the Community!