There are newer employer reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Server

Current Employee - Server in Fridley, MN
Current Employee - Server in Fridley, MN

I have been working at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perkins is a great place to work for college students. Tips, short hours, and also usually the available times are nights and weekends, as the morning crew are lifers.

Cons

It is basically a fast food joint with servers. You will be expected to take on many tables at a time, and move fast. It can be very stressful, but once you get the hang of it, you can make a lot in tips.

reviews filtered by
  1. Okay

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery

Pros

fun environment laid back Training is alright there are not many perks no paid breaks but at least free pankckes

Cons

schedualing sucks get your schedual one or two days before work managment sits on their but and eats while on the clock, there shouldn't be so many managers different policies with different managers makes it complicated to do your job. For instance I was writain up for something that happened while on the shift before mine. (how was i supposed to know tha that had happened)

Better training for managers and oh yeah stop closing stores so not everyone has to share shifts

2. Promise of advancement, little to no opportunity.

Former Employee - Host, Waiter, Cook in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Host, Waiter, Cook in Memphis, TN

I worked at Perkins Restaurant and Bakery full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Trained me to be a "jack of all trades" in the restaurant business.

Cons

Management told me they were going to train me in all areas of the restaurant, ending with management about 6 months after I started. I was trained and working as a cook, bus boy, host, and waiter and no longer offered the job. They would just move me around wherever they needed me. I then got a stomach infection and called in to work because I was in the hospital and was fired.

There are newer employer reviews for Perkins Restaurant and Bakery