Fun, Fast, Challenging

Current Employee - Developer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Perks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back and able to make immediate impact on companies performance

Cons

Lots of work to do for such a small company

Other Employee Reviews for Perks

1. Fun, Motivating, Challenging, Family Environment. Perks lives up to their name.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Perks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks has done a great job to establish a fun, motivating and challenging workplace. What stuck out to me from Day 1 is that everyone there seems like family, and back biting is practically non-existent. I've been very pleased to become a part of that family! The size of Perks employee base and office space help you feel connected to your coworkers and makes communication a breeze. The CEO works out of the Little Rock location (as do a majority of the employees) and is very down-to-earth. He's not intimidating to speak to and regularly mixes it up with the rest of us. It's extremely easy to walk into your manager's office at any time to get help or ask questions. Work can be challenging and you're always working on something different, but that is a refreshing change from the mundane day-to-day at most businesses. The company culture is one that is very helpful. Camaraderie is the word that comes to mind. Everyone behaves like they know and support that we're all in this together. Some other Perks Pros: -Ample Vacation time -Standard business hours -Great pay -Great incentives (We are compensated for business ideas, peer-to-peer recognition, employee-of-the-quarter, employee referrals, social media interactions, etc.) -HAPPY HOUR! (Sometimes we shut it down an hour early on Fridays to boost office morale and camaraderie at a local brewery) -Endearing coworkers (seriously, you'd love these people) -Accessible management -Opportunities for advancement -Perks sponsored fun activities (Field Day, Horse Races, and this year we have a lake day planned) -Casual dress (I'm not even sure that we have a dress code) -Work in the nice part of downtown LR (lots of food places you can walk to, great for afternoon walks, safe) -Profit Sharing (not a guarantee, but we've received it for the last 2 years that I've known about it) -Competitive healthcare costs -Access to the roof (which has a great view, and chairs, and a grill!) -Fantastic work/life balance! I laugh, everyday. I learn something neat about a coworker, everyday. I have opportunities to help the people around me, everyday. I leave work feeling fulfilled and I don't dread coming back each morning.

Cons

As great as Perks is, everywhere has it's cons. Luckily for Perks, they're few and far between. Some of us are required to track our hours, which often feels like a chore for me. I understand the purpose behind it, I would just prefer that I didn't have to do it. We've been growing lately and our work space is beginning to feel cramped. It's becoming difficult to secure a conference room for conference calls/meetings. If we add one more employee I seriously don't think we have another desk for them to sit at. I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to think of more cons, but that's all I could come up with!

Advice to Management

Managers should take more departmental meetings off-site. We've got a great roof, a park across the street next to Acxiom, Riverfront Park, Andina's, etc. Let's take advantage of those spaces for some of our weekly meetings! Bring remote employees in to the LR office more often. We get to visit with them so rarely, it would be nice to have more opportunities to work with them face-to-face and help build those relationships.

2. Perfect for me and my family

Current Employee - Developer in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Perks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perks had been a really great place to work for the past 4 years. The pay is really competitive and so are the benefits. It's a small company so it has flexibility that larger companies don't. We are always growing and the future looks very secure. I almost never work late (1-3 times per year) and I always get to make it up by taking some extra time off. The atmosphere is the best part. Is a very positive and fun place to work. I'm very happy.

Cons

It's still work. We aren't allowed to work from home which is kind of backward since we are a tech firm and easily could.

Advice to Management

It would be awesome to be able to work remote once a week.