Perrigo

www.perrigo.com

Perrigo is a GREAT place to work

Current Employee - Mid Level Manager  in  Allegan, MI
Current Employee - Mid Level Manager in Allegan, MI

Pros

I'm fairly new to the company and was recruited in. Coming to work for Perrigo has been the best career decsion of my life. I came from a global company in a similar role and can assure professionals who are considering Perrigo as an employer, if you are waffling for any reason, be assured, this is a fantastic place to work. It has been 20+ years since I've worked for a public company that treated its employees like a family-owned private company. Excellent benefits and the best colleagues I have ever worked with. The work is challenging, the decision making process inclusive and there are endless opportunities to contribute and make a difference.

The Executive Team has made brilliant acquisitions and we just keep getting bigger and better.

Rock on Perrigo!

Cons

Not that this is truly a downside, but the biggest 'challenge' I've had is colleagues trying too hard to help too much (it can slow down progress), but I'd take this type of thoughtfulness over greed and bullying (other companies I've known) any day.

Keep up the great job! It is your leadership that makes employees so darn proud to work here. Great products, great people. Thank you.

Other reviews for Perrigo

Working at Perrigo has been very rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Allegan, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

Pros

Perrigo provides employees who want to learn new skills, the opportunity. It's not uncommon for employees to transfer to different jobs within the company, but in a completely different area. For example, an employee who has worked in the Quality organization accepts a position in the Production department. Employees are not stuck in a career rut.

Cons

The organization is very flat. Some co-workers complain that organizational structure doesn't allow for promotions. However, having a flat organization also gives people the opportunity to broaden their skills. For example, in many pharma companies, a person in regulatory affairs is assigned "steps A, B" and they perform tasks only assigned to those steps of the process. At Perrigo, the regulatory affairs employee learns all processes from A-Z. It is a lot of work, but the experience and knowledge gained is priceless.

Overall management does very well. The company has been growing very quickly, and management has been extremely busy with the growth. Some employees will say, "I haven't seen my manager in a while." Manager's do continue communications with their staff using other ways. They should step away from a meeting once in a while to spend some 1:1 time with their department.

Poor management, and regulation with employee disputes

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Allegan, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Allegan, MI

Pros

only three days a week

Cons

poor management
    locations
     hours
    a lot of favoritism

There are newer employer reviews for Perrigo.

Worked for Perrigo? Contribute to the Community!