Pet Supplies Plus

www.petsuppliesplus.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Pet Supplies Plus

Big Pet store with lots of animals!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Burnsville, MN
Current Employee - Supervisor in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at Pet Supplies Plus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Getting to hang out with the animals is fun. Most customers are genuinely nice people who love their pets very much. Laid back atmosphere.

Cons

Other customers are genuinely terrible. Pet stores attract eccentric people, so be warned.

Pay your employees better and they will buy-in to the idea that it's in their best interest to perform better.

107 Other Employee Reviews for Pet Supplies Plus (View Most Recent)

I'd burn this bridge of employment a million and one times just to ensure I could never go back.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Pet Supplies Plus full-time

Pros

The animals, customers, and rescues; the experience; some employees; the events and supporters within the community; the vendors and food reps; the pet wash.

Cons

The lack of respect and appreciation; micro-managed; belittled and degraded almost daily; no clear boundaries, guidance, or ethics; constantly watching over your shoulder. This is no reflection on the store manager(s) but on the individuals higher in command above store management.

Learn your style of leadership and be strong in your beliefs. Don't take any flack from anyone in executive management, and make sure you have a backbone because you are definitely going to need it more often than not. Be headstrong and just do what you signed up to do. No one is truly concerned about your well-being within the franchise so look out for you and trust NO ONE. Someone is always waiting and watching just to make sure you fail.

Long hours, not respsect, no action

Former Employee - Supervisor in Seymour, IN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Seymour, IN

I worked at Pet Supplies Plus full-time (less than a year)

Pros

the people I worked with were aweomse, hard working and would do anything I asked. Upper managment at the facilty was great.

Cons

Corporate people who came to visit need to get real, i heard they were executives. the hours are horrible, no plan to get things running beter in the facilty that i knew. No one tells us anything.

do something with the isues that presented to you. You lost a LOT of good people because no one knows what Coproate is thinkning.

There are newer employer reviews for Pet Supplies Plus