PetSmart

www.petsmart.com

A freindly, yet challenging culture that encourages proffesional growth.

Manager (Current Employee) McCarran, NV

ProsState of the art facilities, recent upgrades in WMS systems. Excellent mentoring and professional development opportunities for every level of associate. Expectations are clear and all of the support one could ask for is provided. If you are a worker, this is a great environment for you to succeed. Slackers are quickly weeded out, and that is a good thing. Good pay, EXCELLENT benefits. One of the best cultures I have ever worked in.

ConsA little too numbers driven. Though quota's are realistic, I would like to see more emphasis or flexibility given to personal matters. Rules are rules, and while they are very fair, there are some occasions where a little more flexibility could be utilized. However, if one is of the mind to show up for work and not abuse PTO, there are really no major concerns for hard working associates.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the PFP (INCENTIVE) programs back to higher rewards to higher performing individuals.
New system based on success of the entire DC and higher and more unrealistic performance goals. The current PFP system is the main complaint generating issue of every one of my staff members. If it aint' broke, don't fix it.

If you work hard PetSmart will reward you.

Pet Care Manager (Current Employee) Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros: Freedom within the store to do what is best for the customer. Ability to work with a lot of different types of animals. Working with… Cons: P&P can be very hard to follow. The 10 hour days get old fast quickly. You are not able… Advice to Senior Management: Overall petsmart is a great place to work. I would recomend giving dept heads more freedom to run their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Its ok

Stocker (Current Employee) Stockton, CA

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros: Get to help people with their pets. Like to work… Cons: Underpaid for work. Lots of criticism from different people. Expected… Advice to Senior Management: Pay more attention to stocking instead of just complaining about it. Make… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!