There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

I do not know my title - it is unclear

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros

Nice people. Easy environment to work. Nice facility at corporate. Good people. But I think the general IQ of Phoenix city is pretty low.

Cons

They don't know how to utilize people. Too many Managers. I have seen some strange designation. Example: How can a non-IT person have a designation of Systems Analyst. Yet they do, It's a joke.

Can remove lot of top/middle layer and make it more efficient? I see it is obvious, but obviously you don't.

1007 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

My store

Current Employee - Cashier  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

you get to bring your pets to work and get some good discounts. Many of the customers are very friendly. The managers watch to make sure everyone gets all of their breaks. They celebrate holidays in the break room and everyone brings food. Extremely lenient about arriving on time. If you're late and you were stuck in traffic, they're usually very understanding.

Cons

terrible management in my store. Tons of gossiping and drama between employees and some of the managers. They don't exactly come on time when called over intercom. Many employees are lazy and leave the store a mess when it's closing time.

keep an eye on the people who are REALLY doing their jobs and who are not. This can make a huge difference in who to hire and who not to hire.

Loved it, but didn't like the way the store manager treated us as employees.

Former Employee - Lead Stocker  in  Mesquite, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Stocker in Mesquite, TX

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to bring your dog to work (Doggy Daycare), Great Employees to work with, Hours are Great

Cons

Getting bit by a dog or other pet, Dog fights because of owners not having control of their pet.

Store managers be more nicer when you talk to your employees and never tell them that they can't leave work until their job is done. (We work a schedule & have life's outside of work.) But besides that Managers were Great to work with!!

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!