PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Amazing job if you love animals.

Current Employee - Pet Trainer
Current Employee - Pet Trainer

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You get to talk to animals almost all day.

Cons

You still have to work with people as customers.

Show selling ideas more.

1218 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Good place for part time work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good manager. Consistancy fairness, very flexible with schedule

Cons

Big disconnect between store ops and SSG corporate. Internal career application process on line confusing. Even store manager did not know how to navigate. Never did hear from District Manager or Employee relations person as to status of my application for position at SSG.

Have a sucession plan in place for store personnel. although some employees are looking for a retail path others are working part time and may have the education and work experience that meet s criteria for field, regional or corporate positions in finance, marketing, legal or Human Resources. I feel it is an untapped market . Internal application process is not clear and not easy.

Not a great place to work, but it's a paycheck.

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pros of working for Petsmart are you get to help others help their pets. You can get involved in a ton of Rescue Organizations and Charities. You get a paycheck.

Cons

You don't get the knowledge to do your job via Petsmart. You are thrown to the wolves to fend for yourself and figure it out on your own. If you care about our job and what you are doing, you will learn and gain knowledge on your own.
    Favoritism with management... It's rediculous.

Open door policy means an employee can come in and talk with management openly without fear of their information being spread around. You should take this more seriously. Also favoritism is a terrible thing. It sends bad messages to the rest of the employees and they become unmotivated. Treat everyone equal and with respect.
    Corporate is very wasteful. They throw away tons of merchandise instead of donating it. Dog beds, shampoo, toys, leashes, bowls, etc. Food I understand.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart