PetSmart
www.petsmart.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Miss the customers, not the store

Senior Petshotel Associate (Former Employee)
Troy, MI

ProsWorking in the PetsHotel was rewarding. I learned a lot about dogs and loved 99% of my customers (and they appreciated me too). Breaks and lunches were fair. The majority of the associates were pleasant to work with. We had the ability to turn away aggressive dogs and Banfield was right there if there were any health issues.

ConsManagement is the biggest con here and it goes all the way up to corporate. They will lie to your face. If you do a good job in the hotel and are good at your position you will not move up, they wouldn't dream of losing a good employee to cover a bad manager. The carrot of promotion will be held over your head but you will see unqualified restaurant people who haven't touched a dog in their lives promoted or hired over you no matter how much experience you have.
Work hours---I was a Senior Associate so I was expected to close at 9:30 p.m. and open in the morning at 6 a.m. most days. Sometimes I didn't get a break because we had to be "on call" the whole time. Who can eat a decent lunch when you had to have your walkie on all the time?
The work is hard and you don't "play with puppies" all day. You will pick up feces and clean almost all the time. Go into the job knowing that.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie to employees and tell them they will be promoted if they work hard. It's a game. And don't hire restaurant people with no dog experience to run a boarding/day care facility. It's an insult to people like me who have years of dog experience.

Support Manager

Support Manager (Current Employee)
    Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with Petsmart Charities to provide homes for homeless pets. Cons: Compensation isn't the greatest. Lower management does not make enough… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Inconsistent

Pet Stylist (Former Employee)
    Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at PetSmart full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits for full-time employees. High paying as a Pet Stylist if you're in the right… Cons: Although all stores are supposed to be the same, each is different depending on management. I worked at 3 locations, got paid well at… Advice to Senior Management: Talk to a REAL groomer before making up policies. This can be a very high pressure job, and customer surveys are worthless because only people who… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!

PetSmart – Why Work for Us?

Company Information PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) As the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets, we employ approximately 52,000 associates and operate 1,278 stores and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PetSmart reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PetSmart CEO David K. Lenhardt. All reviews posted anonymously by PetSmart employees.