A new experience every day!

Current Employee - Morning Stocker  in  Mooresville, NC
Current Employee - Morning Stocker in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Get to see some amazing animals and people come through the doors. Working early morning shift you get to see a lot. They are extremely flexible with working around college schedules. Though I have not enrolled in benefits they have decent automotive, home, health, and life insurance. You get a discount for being a employee. And best of all moving up to new positions is easy and fun.

Cons

Hourly associates are at the mercy of how well their store does as far as sales and that affects scheduling.

More benefits to part time employees.

Other Reviews for PetSmart

specialty clerk

Former Employee - Pet Care Specialist  in  Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Pet Care Specialist in Roseville, CA

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to work with the animals, clean their cages, play with them a little.

Cons

Little kids wanting to hold the animals, get the exact goldfish they want out of the giant cage, oh, and you get to clean and handle the crickets.

PetSmart is a fun, fast pace work environment.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Cashier in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Usually pretty fast paced. If you work in Petcare it is much more enjoyable because there are things to fill your time with. Management is very friendly. They prefer to hire from within, so you can really move up in the store.

Cons

There can be a lot of pressure to perform. Wages aren't spectacular. The store can be painfully slow at times. If you work in Petcare sometimes you have to play doctor with sick animals that we are clearly not qualified to care for.

Listen more to your employees, we are the ones who really know how this store is run. The Petcare department receives hours based on their pet sales. This makes it really hard to keep the store clean, because if you don't sell that many animals there is hardly enough time to clean up after the animals we have.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!