There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Dog Hotel Reservation Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

Phone calls are easy and no stress. Pet Parents are always in a good mood and fun to talk to. Time goes by really fast and calls are back to back.

Cons

Upper management never bothers to come out on the floor, they hide in their office and act like you are beneath them. Supervisors are inexperienced and you don't have any interaction with them unless you've done something "wrong". One on one's don't happen, you get an email with your stats and errors. Hours aren't the same from week to week so you can't depend on a salary.

Get out on the floor and see what the team that is making $$$$$ for the PetHotel are doing. These guys are the backbone of this organization!!!

1010 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare  in  Port Charlotte, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare in Port Charlotte, FL

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at PetSmart. The managers were usually very nice (though I had a couple who didnt know what they were doing, but they got fired) and the company was all about customer service. They did lots of fun contests where we could win prizes, and also would occasionally have parties where theyd provide food and drinks (usually around the holidays) that we could all partake in.

Cons

The only con here is that you dont really do exactly what youre hired for, you bounce around to stocker, pet care, cashier, etc. But, I actually liked mixing it up sometimes. Oh, and my store didnt really do an associate of the month type of thing. When they did decide to do it (randomly) you just got a 'soda card' for a free soda, bettre than nothing I guess, but when I worked at kohls, they rewarded you with a bonus in your check and you got to pick out an item from a catalougue, such as a personalized blanket, etc.

Being a in store Pet Care Associate

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate  in  Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Avondale, AZ

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Was able to make a difference with customers. Gained insight into how Petsmart as a whole functions.

Cons

Hours were not right often (too few, too many, schedule during nonavailability). Training manual was outdated; as was a lot of equipment and supplies. Heath and dental insurance was useless, didn't even cover preventive exams (physical, well woman, etc.).

Pay more attention to scheduling, especially employee availability.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!