There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Dog Hotel Reservation Specialist

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Phone calls are easy and no stress. Pet Parents are always in a good mood and fun to talk to. Time goes by really fast and calls are back to back.

Cons

Upper management never bothers to come out on the floor, they hide in their office and act like you are beneath them. Supervisors are inexperienced and you don't have any interaction with them unless you've done something "wrong". One on one's don't happen, you get an email with your stats and errors. Hours aren't the same from week to week so you can't depend on a salary.

Get out on the floor and see what the team that is making $$$$$ for the PetHotel are doing. These guys are the backbone of this organization!!!

reviews filtered by

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, a lot of support from management, clear mission/vision, steady long-term growth initiatives

Cons

The pay is decent, but could be more competitive for such a successful company.

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare in Port Charlotte, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare in Port Charlotte, FL

I worked at PetSmart part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed working at PetSmart. The managers were usually very nice (though I had a couple who didnt know what they were doing, but they got fired) and the company was all about customer service. They did lots of fun contests where we could win prizes, and also would occasionally have parties where theyd provide food and drinks (usually around the holidays) that we could all partake in.

Cons

The only con here is that you dont really do exactly what youre hired for, you bounce around to stocker, pet care, cashier, etc. But, I actually liked mixing it up sometimes. Oh, and my store didnt really do an associate of the month type of thing. When they did decide to do it (randomly) you just got a 'soda card' for a free soda, bettre than nothing I guess, but when I worked at kohls, they rewarded you with a bonus in your check and you got to pick out an item from a catalougue, such as a personalized blanket, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart