There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Great company to work for!

Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare  in  Port Charlotte, FL
Former Employee - Cashier/Customer Service/PetCare in Port Charlotte, FL

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed working at PetSmart. The managers were usually very nice (though I had a couple who didnt know what they were doing, but they got fired) and the company was all about customer service. They did lots of fun contests where we could win prizes, and also would occasionally have parties where theyd provide food and drinks (usually around the holidays) that we could all partake in.

Cons

The only con here is that you dont really do exactly what youre hired for, you bounce around to stocker, pet care, cashier, etc. But, I actually liked mixing it up sometimes. Oh, and my store didnt really do an associate of the month type of thing. When they did decide to do it (randomly) you just got a 'soda card' for a free soda, bettre than nothing I guess, but when I worked at kohls, they rewarded you with a bonus in your check and you got to pick out an item from a catalougue, such as a personalized blanket, etc.

1007 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Being a in store Pet Care Associate

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate  in  Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Avondale, AZ

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

Was able to make a difference with customers. Gained insight into how Petsmart as a whole functions.

Cons

Hours were not right often (too few, too many, schedule during nonavailability). Training manual was outdated; as was a lot of equipment and supplies. Heath and dental insurance was useless, didn't even cover preventive exams (physical, well woman, etc.).

Pay more attention to scheduling, especially employee availability.

First job, great experience, dog groomer bather/brusher

Former Employee - Bather/Brusher  in  Algonquin, IL
    Former Employee - Bather/Brusher in Algonquin, IL

I worked at PetSmart part-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed the people I worked with and it was my first job ever. They were extremely flexible to my schedule in college and I had a lot of fun at dog grooming because of the team I had in the Salon.

Cons

Not really that many, was sometimes hard with certain dog owners and not being able to make them happy. Plus, having a difficult or stressed out dog can be hard too, but with experience you can handle it better.

Maybe offer more incentives for part-time employees and benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!