PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
  www.petsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Associates, customers, and students were great but there is way too much pressure on pet trainers to sell classes.

Former Employee - Pet Trainer in Brentwood, TN
Former Employee - Pet Trainer in Brentwood, TN

I worked at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The associates are great and I made some amazing friends. I really enjoyed teaching owners and their dogs and seeing them progress. I loved helping customers find what they were looking for, pick out things for their new puppy and hearing their stories.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure put on the Pet Trainers to sell classes. My store manager gave all my upcoming classes to other trainers because he felt I hadn't sold enough classes, even though another trainer was selling the same amount as me. In order to get my classes back I was expected to sell classes for the other trainers.

Instead of taking a trainer's classes away because they aren't selling enough, give them a probationary period of two weeks or so where they can prove to you that they can step up their game and help them with sales by giving them tips on how to sell. You make trainers preach positive reinforcement but when it comes to your own employees it is no where to be found.

Actually listen to your employees. If someone comes to you with a problem or concern, don't fight them or pretend like they don't matter. Give them a positive and safe place where they can feel comfortable voicing their opinions and concerns without being judged.

1164 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

i think they;re ok

Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in New York, NY

I worked at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

some of the pros are good customer service ok atmosphere ok people that come in to buy things ok pets ok dog collars but to me this store stilld ont beat petco petco is my favorie pet store becaue theyre inexpensive but they make good quality stuff

Cons

cons are the pay as always you never get paid for the amount of work you do if everyone got paid for the amount of work they did then they would do much better work than what they do

i hate management

I had as good an experience at PetSmart as was possible while working in a retail setting.

Former Employee - PetsHotel Guest Services Associate in Farmingdale, NY
    Former Employee - PetsHotel Guest Services Associate in Farmingdale, NY

I worked at PetSmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun group of people at my location - made everything better.

Cons

Like any retail store - it's open late and on the weekends, so know what you're getting into. If you don't want to work unconventional hours, then a position at a retail store may not be for you.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart