PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
  www.petsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Good job, iffy management.

Former Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in Schaumburg, IL
Former Employee - EARLY MORNING STOCKER in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible schedule. They are good about following your availability and making sure you get the hours you can work. They are also very good at letting you get extra hours or staying longer than your shift if you want to. The stocking was typically 5 or 6 in the morning until 11 or 12. There is always lots of work to do so time flies pretty quickly.

Cons

The management is very disorganized. I was told one thing by the store manager, and another by the manager directly below her. The store manager at the time I was there would go on 1-3 smoke breaks every hour but would complain when people paused for a minute or two from stocking. They were also way too lenient about some things. Some guys that got hired after me would repeatedly show up an hour or more late or sometimes not even show up without notice. They let it fly. Also, many times I would show up right at 6 and have to wait 10-15 minutes for the manager to get there and unlock the door. Another negative is that they would throw away perfectly good toys after they were on clearance for a certain amount of time, and wouldn't let me donate them to the different adoption agencies that they "support."

Have meetings that are solely for managers to go over what policies you support, and what you tell employees so that there are is miscommunication and confusion.

1124 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Fun place to work!

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Pet Care Associate in Sandy, UT

I worked at PetSmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This was such a fun job, besides me already loving animals to death it was great working with them. I had mostly great managers, one I did like except for a few details but overall liked management.
    -Interview process was great, they asked if there were any animals I was not comfortable handling and I said crickets (hate them). I guess most people say that because they sort of disregarded it, (all employes must be able to handle them) and figured I'd get used to it. Im so glad they did or else I wouldn't have gotten the job.

Cons

-Minimum wage (expected with retail)
    -Customers can have such certain stigmas about animals (hard to break).

-Overall everything was great, but with time off it would be nice to let you know only two weeks ahead instead of three.

Easy work

Current Employee - Associate in Castle Hills, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Castle Hills, TX

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with animals, decent pay, and the management team is willing to work with associates to help them grow.

Cons

The pay could be better for such a successful business. The hourly managers get paid next to nothing for the amount of work required.

Pay you hourly managers what they are worth so they don't leave at the first job opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart