OK

I worked at PetSmart full-time

Pros

The employees where great to work with.

Cons

Lack of Training for the overall processes of operations.

Better Mentors and Training in the first 6 months.

Other Reviews for PetSmart

Great place to work if you like pets

I have been working at PetSmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You will always have something in common with the people you work with, and the people who shop at your store. Everyone is generally happy and drama free.

Cons

It's impossible to fire anyone and employees are rarely held accountable for anything at any level. The raises are terrible. You'll get maybe a 10-20 cent raise a year, so haggle for your initial offer if hired, you won't see much afterward.

Start recognizing the good employees and putting effort into growing them, instead of spending so much time trying to get bad employees up to par with the the rest of us.

So much fun

Former Employee - Pet Care Associate
    Former Employee - Pet Care Associate

I worked at PetSmart part-time for less than a year

Pros

If your an animal lover, getting to work with animals and help customers decide what new addition to their family they would like to make is so fun! I felt like there were very few unhappy customers - most were happy to be in a pet store and excited to pick out new pets. They really do their best to take good care of the pets while they're in the store.

Cons

Cleaning cages is never fun, but it's all part of caring for animals. The worst is dealing with sick animals that may have pasted on - it definitely bugged me to be around it and it was a pretty common occurrence when in the sick room.

I felt there were never rewards for doing a really good job but always a scolding when the smallest things were forgotten such as conditioning product - I didn't feel like managers were aware of how busy associates are aiding customers and caring for pets. It felt like standing still for 30 seconds was a crime no matter how busy you had just been previously.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart.

Worked for PetSmart? Contribute to the Community!