PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
  www.petsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Great learning experience but...

Current Employee - Groomer
Current Employee - Groomer

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was lucky to have a good salon manager to teach me to groom. If you don't commission out you get paid your hourly. The benefits are not bad. Pretty flexible schedule.

Cons

Work isn't always steady and your paycheck reflects this. The money isn't always there. You can only do as much as your body allows. Distribution of dogs isn't always fair. Sometimes it takes awhile to gent in good with other groomers because after all you are all competing get dogs

Add on's add on's add on's! That's all you hear about. It would be nice to get a compliment here and there instead of constant criticism.

1128 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Hard work is overlooked and underappreciated

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Houston, TX

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Seeing different animals, and getting to know a lot about them. It's a good experience if you're interested in animals.

Cons

Managers do not get tasks done, and play the "blame game" on each other. Hard work is over looked. Coworkers of same title not doing as much work, but getting same pay. Favoritism with managers and associates.

Start to appreciate the workers who actually work, and go above and beyond for the store and company. Hire managers who will actually work and not rely on associates to do their work for them.

keep people happy

Current Employee - Pets Products Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Pets Products Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at PetSmart full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

just working with dogs and helping pet parents find what they need

Cons

low low low pay....even when u move up its only 15 cents more...i have moved up 2 times and pay still sucks i can barly live off my pay checks and cant put any back! to much work and not enough happy people to help u...managers that think they dont have to do anything when they are there...manager think shes god and can do no wrong and think she is just there to sit around and make people under her do her job for her...even thought she moved down she still thinks she high man on the pole and its not right!!

DONT FIX THINGS THAT ARE NOT BROKEN...DO NOT SWITCH STORE MANAGERS AROUND TO MAKE ANOTHER STORE BETTER THAT SHOULD BE ON THE GM AND RM AND REALLY HR...we shouldnt have to change how we were training to make our new anagers happy cause all they do is sit around and make us hourly managers do most everything! pay me more and i will do what but how it is not i hate going to work...more so cause manager has had so many people quit or switch departments because of that manager she needs to be moved to another store or fired one the two because if someone openly till u im quiting because of her then u know somethings wrong and the store manager isnt doing anything about it!!!

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart