PetSmart

www.petsmart.com
  www.petsmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart

Amazing place to work.

I have been working at PetSmart

Pros

Great pay
Work/life Balance
Fun
CAREs about me

Cons

None... All is well here.

Keep up the great work

1166 Other Employee Reviews for PetSmart (View Most Recent)

Great college job!

Current Employee - Bather
    Current Employee - Bather

I have been working at PetSmart part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is unsurpassed! It is very thorough, specific and useful. I've learned a lot about myself, being a better employee, and my current profession while working here. Bathers who show potential have the option to become groomers. PetSmart pays to put you through a grooming academy in exchange for signing a two year contract. Excellent opportunity!
    My current store manager is phenomenal. He has an open-door policy and is very down-to-earth and understanding, but he knows how to gets things done and is helpful.
    My salon manager has been exceptionally helpful with helping me arrange my schedule so that it fits with my college schedule. Customer service procedures and policies are very natural and comfortable. With new management, environment is welcoming and friendly. Very personal and close-knit group.

Cons

Some policies are tedious.
    Customer surveys are a major focus. One wrong survey is a big deal.
    Tensions run high sometimes and atmosphere can be excessively competitive due to the commision based pay for the groomers. Bathers sometimes get taken advantage of by ambitious groomers.
    Managers are given lots of freedoms. With a good manager this causes no problems. However, I've had experiences here with managers who should have been legitimately fired but were able to get by under the radar.

Fun and upbeat environment - great for part-time worker!

Former Employee - Cashier in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Cashier in Tucson, AZ

I worked at PetSmart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible with my college schedule and primary job. Happy employees, great culture and company values.

Cons

Too many short-term employees, so management doesn't really take an interest in developing you.

There are newer employer reviews for PetSmart